Applications for this role have now closed
In a fast-paced world that often places great demands on our mental and emotional wellbeing, finding moments of tranquility and self-care has become more important than ever. Medito Foundation stands as a beacon of hope in this regard, committed to enhancing mental wellbeing through the power of mindfulness and meditation.
If you're passionate about making a positive impact and leveraging the digital realm to spread wellness, the Volunteer Social Media Manager role might just be the perfect opportunity for you.
About Medito Foundation
Medito Foundation is a nonprofit tech startup. We are dedicated to improving mental wellbeing through mindfulness and meditation.
We have created the Medito app - a meditation and mindfulness app that is completely free - no ads, no subscriptions and no in-app purchases. It has more than 300,000 monthly active meditators and it was awarded by Google Play as one of the best apps of 2020 in the ‘Apps for Good’ category. In the Spring of 2023, thanks to the dedication of our volunteers and advocates, our app reached a milestone of over 1 million downloads.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing nonprofit organization and utilize your skills to have a real impact on the mental wellbeing of hundreds of thousands of people.
About the Volunteer Social Media Manager role
- Maintain a social media calendar
- Plan, create and schedule social media posts
- Reply to social media comments and messages
This role will require you to be a proactive, independent advocate for Medito Foundation. You would be required to join scheduled bi-weekly check-ins, as well as regularly update the Communications Lead on your progress.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent copywriting skills
- An eye for design
- Able to commit at least 2 volunteer hours per week
- Personal experience of mindfulness and meditation
- Interested in the promotion of good mental health
- Experience working in the tech sector
- Experience working in a marketing or social media role
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector