👋 Welcome to Medito's January 2021 Product Update!
What we are currently finishing
- Relationships pack
What we're working on
- Low mood pack
- Chronic pain pack
- Advanced pack
- 🇮🇹 Italian content
- More voice options
🤓 Tech & Features
What we have been doing since December
- We have worked on the server-side so that the app can be faster, more cost-effective, and gives us more flexibility in the long term.
What we're working
- Following the server changes, we are rewriting the app to make it more stable and more efficient.
- We are improving the announcement in the app so that it's nicer and more useful.
- Implementing the new daily session system: we have changed how the daily session is picked up so that it's less buggy.
- Each session has a proper ID now, so when you listen to something, it will never be lost.
What is coming next
- A section to see your downloaded sessions
- A search option
- Deep linking! So that you can share a session with people and it will open in the app
- A meditation reminder
- Recommendations about what to listen next
- We aren't breaking even yet. However, January is so far the best month for the foundation, with an increase of 34% of donation revenue compared to December.
- Most of the donations received were single donations.
- We have reduced our monthly server costs by more than 50%.
- We have reduced our service costs by more than 800 euros a year.
- We should finally be good to move away from Google Play (for in-app donations), moving back to Stripe.
- This change will allow the foundation to receive nearly 96% of your donation (instead of 70%).
- The app is used on average by 12,000 people each day
- 2,000 new people install the app each day
- Most people come from the 🇺🇸 USA, 🇮🇳 India, the 🇬🇧 UK, 🇨🇦 Canada & 🇩🇪 Germany
- We served more than 8TB of data
- The server received more than 16,000,000 requests 🤯
That's it for January!
We will be sharing an update like this one each month.
Thanks for supporting Medito ❤️
📧 Want to email us? [email protected]