We believe that knowledge shouldn't be behind a paywall. That's the reason why we have built the medito app and why we have decided to take a not for profit approach for all the projects we are building.
Our original content, generally present in our projects under the name "Medito" (i.e "from Medito" ) is licensed under "Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)"
What does it mean
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
We cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests that we endorse you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license (= under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
How to give appropriate credit
For a webpage, User interface, player, text document
- The attribution should be directly below the material.
- The attribution should be the following:
Originally published by Medito Foundation under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at meditofoundation.org/license.
- Medito Foundation should link to https://meditofoundation.org.
- Make sure to include the Permissions beyond the scope part too
- If you prefer to replace Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International by CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 it's okay with us!
- Of course, feel free to add more information to the attribution if you want to!
- For accessiblity purposes, the attribution should be displayed at a minimum of 14px font size, under level AAA Conformance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
For a video, or audio
Mentioning the credits within the media itself.
For example, crediting in a video can be a simply displaying the license mentioned above in a screen at the beginning or end of a video (Make sure it's accessible under the same accessibility rules).
For audio, it can be a verbal recitation of credits at the beginning, or the end of the recording following the appropriate credit mentioned earlier.
We understand that in some particular cases, attributions can be challenging to display, or you might want to use the content in a commercial setting.
If you want to use the content without attributions or in a commercial setting, we do offer an exclusive license.
This specific license will be granted in exchange of a single, or recurring donation. As a registered nonprofit, this donation can be tax-deductible.
You can contact us at email@example.com.
In any case, Medito Foundation relies on donations to maintain the project, so a donation is always welcome!