Effective: 7th April, 2022
1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Information about you directly from you, from third parties, or automatically through your use of the Services. In this Policy, " Personal Information" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Information Provided by You
- Contact information. When you contact us, sign up for our newsletter, or register with the Services, you may provide us with contact information, such as your name and email address.
- Correspondence and feedback. When you contact us via a contact form, email, survey, through the App, or by other means, you provide us with your contact information and the contents and nature of your correspondence or survey responses.
- Contributions. When you volunteer with or otherwise contribute to Medito, you may provide us with contributor information, such as the code, documentation or other material you contribute, the time and date of your contributions, your username and profile information, and any related comments and discussions.
Information Collected via Automated Means
- App usage information. If you have given your consent, we collect information about your use of the App, including the date, time, and duration of your sessions, the App version, what you tapped on, the content you accessed, what you listened to, and the route you took to navigate through the App.
- Device information. When you use the Services, we automatically receive information about your device, including your IP address, device type, web browser, screen resolution, and operating system.
- Coarse location information. When you use the Services, we estimate your location at city/country level based on your IP address and browser language.
- Website usage information. When you use the Website, we automatically receive information about your use of the Website, including the web pages that you visit just before or just after you use the Website, as well as information about your interactions with the Website, including the date, time and duration of your visit, where you clicked, and the route you took to navigate through the Website.
- Cookie information. We and third parties may automatically collect information about your visit to and use of the Services via cookies (see section 4 below for more information).
Information Collected from Third Parties
- Donation information. When you donate to Medito, we receive your contact information and donation amount from our payment providers.
- Social media information. When you engage with Medito on social media, we may receive your profile information, posts, and other information from the social media platform.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes.
- Providing the Services. We rely on vendors and service providers for the provision of our Services, such as cloud service providers and analytics providers.
- Communicating with you. We use your Personal Information as necessary to contact you for administrative purposes, including to provide information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and to provide you with customer support.
- Marketing. If you have opted in, we use your email address and other Personal Information to send marketing communications, including updates on promotions and events relating to Medito and the Services. You can opt out of receiving promotional communications as described under section 6 below.
- Processing donations. We use your Personal Information as necessary to process your donation.
- Understanding usage and improving the Services. We have a legitimate interest to use your Personal Information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality. If you have given your consent, we also use app usage information to understand usage and improve the Services.
- Administrative and legal purposes. We may be legally required or have a legitimate interest to use your Personal Information to address administrative or legal issues pertaining to Medito, including to enforcing our contracts, complying with legal obligations, and defending against legal claims or disputes.
3. When We Disclose Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information about you to the following recipients and in the following circumstances.
- Vendors and service providers. We rely on vendors and service providers for the provision of our Services, such as cloud service providers, customer support service providers and analytics providers.
- Payment processors. We disclose your information to payment processors in order to receive payment for the use of our Platform, such as Stripe.
- Legal. Information about our users, including Personal Information, will be disclosed to law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, public authorities or pursuant to the exercise of legal proceedings if we are legally required to do so, or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or request, to enforce our terms and conditions, to prevent or resolve security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Medito, our users, a third party, or the public.
- Medito group. We may disclose personal information about you to our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Change of corporate ownership. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, reorganization, partnership, asset sale or other transaction, we may disclose your Personal Information as part of that transaction.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make our Website available to you; for example, to provide login functionality and for user authentication and security. We cannot provide you with the Website without this type of cookie.
- Functional cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your account preferences.
You can block cookies by setting your internet browser to block some or all or cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 12 months.
5. How Long We Retain Personal Information
Medito stores all Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in this Policy, or for as long as we are required to do so by law or in order to comply with a regulatory obligation. When deleting Personal Information, we will take measures to render such Personal Information irrecoverable or irreproducible, and the electronic files which contain Personal Information will be permanently deleted.
6. Your Rights and Choices
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Information that we hold.
- Access. You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, and to receive an explanation of how we use it and who we share it with.
- Correction. You have the right to correct any Personal Information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure. You have the right to request for your Personal Information to be erased or deleted.
- Object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest or if we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Restrict processing. You have a right in certain circumstances to stop us processing your Personal Information other than for storage purposes.
- Portability. You have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, Personal Information that you have provided to us if we process it on the basis of our contract with you, or with your consent, or to request that we transfer such Personal Information to a third party.
Please note that, prior to any response to the exercise of such rights, we may need to verify your identity. In addition, we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, and will inform you if that is the case. You always have the right to file a complaint with the national data protection authority, but we hope that you contact us first so we can address your concerns. For more information, or to exercise your rights, please contact us at the contact details below.
7. International Visitors
We may transfer your Personal Information outside of the European Economic Area. When we do so, we shall ensure that relevant safeguards are in place to afford adequate protection for your Personal Information. Further details regarding the relevant safeguards can be obtained from us on request.
8. Children's Privacy
Our Website is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information in violation of this Policy, please contact us as indicated below.
9. Information Security
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
10. Changes to this Policy
We will notify you of any material changes so that you have time to review the changes.
11. Contact us
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at [email protected] or by postal mail at:
1019 PE Amsterdam
Unless otherwise indicated, Stichting Medito is the entity responsible or "data controller" for the processing of Personal Information described in this Policy.